vendredi 10 juillet 2015

Kajol "Ajay is my best friend"




Straight talk. You could well add a footnote in a thesaurus for that idiom – ‘most applicable to the disposition of Indian actress Kajol’. No one talks as direct as her. Her candour might have reduced with time but she still retains her ability to speak from the heart… and mind. In a freewheeling chat, Kajol talks about the challenges of being a celebrity mother. She shares the fashion critique she receives at the hands of her daughter Nysa. She reveals the advantages of having Ajay Devgn as a husband. And she lays down a list of her insecurities like they were the week’s grocery. Truth is Kajol is a hands-on homemaker. She believes in doing things right, she’s a stickler for discipline and she doesn’t believe in complicating life. It helps that she’s also the yummiest mummy in B-town. Here’s Kajol, unabashed, unadulterated and so much fun...

Books, movies… What do you do in your free time?
I don’t watch movies. I’m very bad ya. It’s only books for me. I can’t tell you how happy I’m with my kindle nowadays. Either I’m in the gym or I’m reading a book somewhere.

Does your daughter, Nysa, read books too?
Nysa is a voracious reader. I love it! I love the fact that there’s one more readoholic in the house. We both have a great time discussing books. We are constantly ordering books. The moment I buy her new books, I don’t have to look for her for the next few hours.

What kind of books she reads?
She’s better read than me. I haven’t read the classics. In her school it’s a compulsion to read the classics. Black Beauty (Anna Sewell), Pride And Prejudice (Jane Austen)…
she’s read them all.

How have books changed your life?

They have changed my life tremendously. I wouldn’t have been the person I am, if not for books. I don’t think I’d be the actress I am if I didn’t read. It’s so much a part of my life. Books are what I’ve relied on, slept with, woken up to, loved and lived with all my life. According to my mother (actress Tanuja), I started reading when I was two years old. I read out The Times of India masthead at the age of two. Every corner in my house has to have books. From the bathroom, my bedroom to the living area, there are books everywhere. After a point of time, Ajay (Devgn, husband) removed some books saying that I was cluttering the space and it’s ugly. I was like how can you call books ugly! (Laughs) He’s like they are not good looking books.

Do your kids watch movies?
My son Yug is too young. But he loves movies. He watches all action films with his father. He’s going to grow up to be a big film buff. He likes Chota Bheem kind of films. Basically, someone has to be kicking somebody in the movie for him to like it. Nysa likes teenage high school musical films. And some nonsensical vampire films. She watches few TV shows also.

Do they enjoy their father’s films?
My son loves them. He watches them religiously without taking his eyes off the screen.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire