jeudi 9 juillet 2015

"I want a boyfriend like Salman Khan"



Her porcelain skin makes her wine eyes stand out, furthuer highlighting the strong resemblance to aunt and veteran Aruna Irani. With such a potent influence around her, it was only natural that Shweta Kumar took to films. And she’s more than happy with the feedback that her film Super Nani with Sharman Joshi and Rekha has won her. She considers herself fortunate to be directed by her father, Indra Kumar, in this film, known for his blockbuster entertainers Dil and Beta in the ’90s and more recently Grand Masti. “It was great to have Dad directing me. But he didn’t show any bias towards me. In fact, he never raises his voice even with his actors. He gives you the freedom to express in the way you consider best.” What’s more she’s slated to feature in her father’s upcoming Dil 2.

Shweta had debuted opposite Himesh Reshammiya in Karzzzz in 2008, a film which didn’t do much for her. But her second outing, Super Nani, gave her the opportunity to work with stalwarts like Rekha and Randhir Kapoor. “It wasn’t a cakewalk facing the camera with Rekha and Randhir Kapoor. Initially, it was nerve wracking. But Rekhaji and Randhirji made me feel at ease. They gave me tips on how to emote better,” says Shweta who plays their neighbour in the film. She was impressed with Rekha’s passion for perfection. “After every shot, Rekhaji would check her performance on the monitor and correct the flaws. She’s a perfectionist, not only in her expressions, but also her posture, her dressing, hairstyle and make-up down to the bindi. Everything had to be in order. I haven’t come across anyone so meticulous. Rekhaji taught me that along with acting well, it’s imperative to look good. It was like a dream come true to shoot with her.” She continues, “Rekhaji would often bring her pet dog Shiva on the set. I enjoyed playing with him. In fact, she gave me some dog grooming tips too.”
Being the daughter of a filmmaker, studios were not something alien to her. “As a child I often accompanied my father on the set. There isn’t one studio I haven’t visited. We even went outdoors with dad.” And needless to say heroines preening and careening before the camera caught the young girl’s imagination.

With Sharman Joshi in Super Nani
With Sharman Joshi in Super Nani

“I was mesmerised by the way actresses dressed up and the aura they had. I too wanted to be an actress,” she shares. In fact, Madhuri Dixit, who worked in Indra Kumar’s Beta and Dil, had the deepest influence on her. “One day I happened to be sitting on Madhuriji’s lap on the set. When I touched her, I found she was running a fever. She was supposed to shoot the song Ankhiyaan milaaon kabhi ankhiyan churaoon. But without any fuss she rehearsed with Sarojji (Khan). Her dedication was rewarded when the number topped the charts.”

 Years later, an aspiring Shweta attended Kishor Namit Kapoor’s acting classes and later did a course at The New York Film Academy to groom her skills. She picked up classical dance from Saroj Khan. Of course her aunt Aruna Irani is the ‘real heroine’ she looks up to. “Aruna aunty has struggled and faced many hurdles in her career. My grandfather passed away when she was young. Since then she has been a motherly figure to the family. She took care of all the siblings. I feel proud when people tell me I resemble her.” Shweta lists Aruna Irani’s Caravan and Beta as her favourite films. She also values the piece of advice that the veteran gave her. “Aruna aunty said, ‘Don’t take to acting because it seems to be a family profession. Do it only if it’s your passion’.”

Shweta dreams of romancing Salman Khan on the big screen someday. “When we visited the set of Bigg Boss 8 for the promotion of Super Nani, I got a chance to dance with him on a romantic number from my film. Oh! I want a boyfriend like Salman,” she gushes. Incidentally, Varun Dhawan and she attended the same school. She also shares a family relationship with Arjun Kapoor. That explains why she wishes to work with the young hunks as well.


The newbie is not distanced from reality. “The film industry is not an easy place to be in. But being familiar with it since childhood, I know how to conduct myself. I am a good judge of people. I know who to entertain and who to avoid.” She’s also clear about staying positive. “I dislike negative energy; I like staying cheerful. Among my friends, I’m the entertainer.” The competition around is severe but she’s unfazed by it. She asserts,“Anything is possible if you have faith in yourself. I’m confident but in the end, it’s up to the viewers.”

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire