vendredi 10 juillet 2015

“Arjun is desperate to make it big” Manoj Bajpayee

Actor Manoj Bajpayee talks about his new film Tevar, his co-stars Arjun Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha and films in general

“Arjun is desperate to make it big”



“Tevar is larger than life yet authentic”

Tevar is a big film. It’s larger than life yet authentic. That combination is very hard to achieve which Amit Sharma (director) has done. I’ve done few star centric big films where content is very high and where casting is fantastic and where I get respect as an actor. And Boney and Sanjay Kapoor made it sure that I get all of this. This is a negative role because in a hero-heroine film, an actor like me will only get to play a negative role. Of course, they won’t give me Arjun Kapoor’s role but this negative role is something else. I’m playing the role of Bahubali Gajendra Singh. He is a big guy and belongs to a big gharana in Mathura. He has a stronghold in the entire area. He is somebody who is a lover and is a romantic. He is very moralistic. He will not look at any other woman. He just sees Radhika, gets mesmerized by her and wants to marry her.

“Arjun is desperate to make it big”

Arjun is a lovely chap. He’s desperate to make it big and he works hard. He goes the extra mile to make each and everyone on the set feel good about themselves, which is a rare gift. Sonakshi is beautiful. She is already a successful actress. She is adding a lot of value to Tevar. Sonakshi comes from a good family. Her father (Shatrughan Sinha) has been a huge star of his time. These new actors remind me of my time. At the same time they remind you that you have to be alert and energetic like them. You have to be enthusiastic about your work like them. They don’t let you forget all those elements that you used to have once upon a time. I feel energized, I feel complimented and also I would love to be with them because I don’t want to get tired and bored of my work.          

 “I never competed with anyone in my life”
I come from a different school of thought. That’s why I never competed with anyone in my life. I just do my role, take my money and go home. I try to give something new with each and every film that I sign. That is my purpose. All I want people to know is that Manoj Bajpayee is not only a great actor but he’s also a great human being. No producer, director and co-actor should have a single bad memory of me. There cannot be any competition with the new gen-actors. Generally, I am very competitive and desperate to do something new. You can’t put a gun to my head and ask me to do the same thing which I’ve done already. It’s true that good roles and good money is a difficult combination. But Tevar is that film which is the perfect combination of a good role with good money. 

 “I’m ready to work with Shahrukh and Salman”

I’m open to working with anybody, be it Salman Khan or Shahrukh Khan. I know Shahrukh. It will be amazing to work with both of them. But working with them cannot be the only factor. The reason has to be a good role and terrific content.

 “I’ve missed my family a lot”

I’m just back to Mumbai after a gruelling 30-day schedule of my new film, which is not tilted yet. I miss my family a lot when I’m away shooting. When I was married, I used to miss my wife and call her but now my daughter Ava was in Delhi because she wanted to be with her nana-nani. She wanted to meet her cousins. My wife Shabana took her to Delhi. Wai is not such a place where I can call and spoil her vacation. So we decided that Ava will spend some time in Delhi knowing her grandparents and cousins, which is very important. It was heart wrenching to not being able to take leave from my shoot schedule and go see her. Now I’m back, so she is always with me. Somehow I and Ava are attached with each other too much.

 “I’ll associate with those films which I can produce and act in”

After working so many years now I have decided to enter into film production. I have started my own company called Manoj Bajpayee productions Pvt Ltd. My first film is in co-production with my friend Neeraj Pandey. We just finished shooting the film. It’s a psychological thriller. Also, Tabu and I are coming together after 14 years after Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar. In the future too I’ll associate with those films only which I can produce and act in.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire